Wednesday, November 30, 2016

5 Holiday Gifts for the Dog Mom In Your Life

I’m a single parent to my pup, Riggins, so there is no one to purchase a gift for me on his behalf. Luckily, his love is all I need and I get that by the bucketload!

If he were to find a way to get me something, and carefully wrap and place it under the tree, I’m sure he would have nothing but the best taste.

With that in mind, here are a few gift ideas approved by Riggins and me, for those of you with a dog mom on your holiday shopping list. Or for you dog moms who need to pass along gift ideas.

1. My Better Half Pet Charms

These are charms you share with your pet! Just like the cute necklaces you split with your bestie in elementary school! The fact that I don’t already have these is SHOCKING. Of course Riggins is my Soul Mate. Why wouldn’t we have adorable coordinating charms to exclaim this fact to the world?

You can choose from charm sets that announce “Best Friends,” “Life Saver,” “Soul Mates,” and “You Rescued Me.” Why not purchase them all so mommy and pup can accessorize based on their mood and style for that day? A woman can never have too much matching jewelry with her dog, that’s what I always say, or at least what I will always say from now on.

$20 at Emily Mcdowell Studio

2. Dog Mom Trucker Hat

dog_mom_gift_guide_2

Raise your hand if you’re a dog mom and proud of it! I assume everyone’s hands are up. Obviously you should be wearing a hat that announces your status to the world. Mother Trucker & Co. (I love them for that name alone) have us covered.

The heart comes in gold, red, and silver. Once again, go ahead and get or ask for them all. Don’t need all three colors? Well, you can gift them to me. Who are we kidding? No one “needs” all three; we just “want” them. When I say “we” I mean “I.” I just want them all!

$25 at Mother Trucker & Co.

3. Wood Pet Silhouette

dog_mom_gift_guide_

Considering the love I have for Riggins, it shouldn’t surprise you that I have a tiny obsession of art featuring his cute furry face. You aren’t able to turn your head in my apartment without seeing an artist rendition of my adorable mutt staring back at you. Some would call it an addiction. I call it a careful collection of artistic items featuring my baby boy.

The folks at Personal Creations have a wood silhouette that is simple and classy. The 8-by-10-inches piece includes a profile based on a list of available breeds and a pet’s name, up to 12 characters, allowing you to customize this gift.

$29 at Personal Creations

4. Talk Dog to Me Mug

From Love at First Bark's TAlk Dog to Me collection. Photo courtesy of Love at First Bark.

There are few things I love more than talking about my pup. Ask anyone. If there is a pause in a conversation, I can whip out my cell phone and bring up a picture of Riggins with a speed that would make any quick-draw gunslinger jealous. There is no question that this mug by Love at First Bark Designs speaks to me.

These fine folks actually have three mug collections to choose from, “Talk Dog to Me,” “My Dog is My Happy Place,” and “Work Hard for My Dog.” Each collection has a number of different breeds available to help personalize the gift for a special fur baby mommy.

$21 at Love at First Bark

5. Wine Gift Pack

My second favorite thing after Riggins is wine. I love them both with all my heart. For those on your shopping lists whose priorities align with mine, may I suggest the “Wendy Wine Gift Pack.” What’s in that? Glad you asked.

dog_mom_gift_guide_5You need to have the perfect outfit for lounging with your dog on your lap and a wine glass in your hand. Etsy’s Pink Box Studio has the perfect T-shirt for this very activity. Silk screened by hand, the shirts get right to the truth with the message, “I JUST WANT TO DRINK WINE AND PET MY DOG.” I hear you, and I’m in!

$20 at Pink Box Studios

Waterdog swimming wine glass. Photo courtesy of Anything Dogs.

The second half of the “gift pack” is the perfect wine glass. Honestly, when I first saw these I sent them to all of my fellow dog mom friends and demanded we get them. Swimming dog wine glasses! Riggins doesn’t like water, but I feel like he would make an exception for wine. Just kidding. Don’t let your dog swim in wine. First of all, it’s a waste of good wine. Second, alcohol is very bad for dogs.

$48 for a pair at Anything Dogs 

I hope this gift guide helps! If you know of a great dog mom gift, please share in the comments below.

The post 5 Holiday Gifts for the Dog Mom In Your Life appeared first on Dogster.

No comments:

Post a Comment