Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our June-July issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Check out this deliciously healthy recipe for Poochie Peanut Butter Banana Biscuits, courtesy Dr. Carol Osborne.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put banana in a large bowl, and use a spoon to mash it thoroughly. Add oat flour, oats, peanut butter, and egg, and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Roll out mixture, and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each; transfer to a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
Note from Dogster magazine editor Melissa Kauffman: I sprinkled oat flour on top of the mixture when I rolled out the dough to cut out stars, as my dough was too sticky. I also made spoon drop ones. Mine were done after 35 minutes, so baking time varies. Couldn’t find oat flour at my grocery store, so ordered from Amazon.com. My dogs LOVED these biscuits.