Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our April/May issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Your dog will go nuts for these tasty, healthy chicken treats.
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup brown rice, dry
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup water
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch cubes. Place water, chicken, and rice into a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cover for one hour. Drain, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place cooked chicken and rice into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Place the puree in a large bowl. Add the coconut flour and flaxseed; mix well. Form into 3-inch flat discs, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven 50 to 60 minutes or until golden on the bottom.