Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Animal Communicator Polly Klein “Talked” to My Late Dog, Lily

When my German Shepherd Lily died, leaving behind her daughter Lola, just a week after my own mother died, our grief devastated us.

But I knew we would be OK after meeting with animal communicator Polly Klein in two sessions – one for her to talk with Lily and a second for her to talk with Lola.

You read that right. Klein was able to speak with Lily, who had died about a week before, because she can reach deceased pets or pets who are far away.

By Susie Hamidi Polly Klein holds her Golden Retriever Eli.

Polly Klein holds her Golden Retriever, Eli. (Photo by Susie Hamid)

Klein, a former mental health counselor who teaches animal communication and Reiki classes, doesn’t hear animals’ voices.

“The way I’m connecting, it’s not about watching or a physical location,” she explained. “If I know who I’m putting my intent on, it’s easy to know, to do over a distance on the phone.”

People from far away have told Klein during sessions that sometimes, “The dog was chilled out and then walked out like, ‘I guess we’re done.’ I hear stuff like that often and it doesn’t surprise me anymore.”

She adds, “I’m moving into a soft focus, and then a more meditative state. Once I am in that state, if I put my intention on and my thoughts on the animal, the experience to me is like sending thoughts back and forth.”

Klein explains further, “We’re all connected energetically. I’m making my best interpretation of what is coming back to me, trying to figure out the best way to think about something as simple as possible to be able to convey what I want to convey to an animal.”

By Kat Merrill Lily, left, and her daughter Lola were together for all four years of Lola's life, until Lily died in 2013.

Lily, left, and her daughter Lola were together for all four years of Lola’s life, until Lily died in 2013. (Photo by Kat Merrill)

When I first heard about Klein, I was skeptical. But when a friend talked about her sessions with Klein and her pets, I was intrigued. I didn’t seek her out right away, though. After my mom’s and Lily’s deaths, I was grasping for anything to make things better.

During our sessions, I asked my dogs questions and Klein answered them. She told me things about them I didn’t know, but was later able to confirm with their rescue.

Klein said Lily was with an older woman she didn’t know. Then she described this woman to me and an item (in much detail) I had shipped home from my mother’s house that I had told no one about. (In fact, it was heavily wrapped in a shipping carton then, and is to this day.) It was obvious my mother and Lily had found each other, wherever their spirits were. I was a skeptic no more.

During the session with Lola, I sat quietly in a chair in Klein’s Seattle-area office while she focused on my pup. Lola had been acting out, constantly pacing and panicked since the death of her mom. They had been together the entire four years of Lola’s life.

Suddenly, even though Klein was facing her computer and typing away, Lola cocked her head toward Klein’s back and continued to move her head one way and another, as if carrying on a conversation. Klein gave me more details she could not have known. After our session, Lola was much calmer at home. Using a technique Klein taught me, I was able to continue to work with Lola and help her through her grief.

By Kat Merrill Lola is a much happier dog now that she knows where her mom is and that she understands why she is gone.

Lola is a much happier dog now that she knows where her mom is and that she understands why she is gone. (Photo by Kat Merrill)

What do animals say?

“They can tell us what their experiences are, physically and emotionally. Just like with people, how some of us are wise old souls and some are very, very shallow, it’s the same with animals,” Klein said. “When you come across this old soul, there’s a lot of pain. I tell them, ‘You have to share with me. I need to learn from you. What’s important that you want to say?’”

Learning animals’ needs is important to Klein.

“As the stewards of our animals, we’re making decisions for them. To be able to find out what they really want is important,” she said. “It’s the same as with people — something relatively minor could be devastating to one person or animal, and something really huge can be handled easily by another.”

By Nancy Van Horne Polly Klein also does CranioSacral Therapy, like she is here with Sedona, a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Polly Klein also does CranioSacral Therapy, like she is here with Sedona, a Bernese Mountain Dog. (Photo by Nancy Van Horne)

Can she always reach an animal?

“Generally speaking, the answer is yes. If an animal has been used to interacting with humans in that their humans have treated them as an object, they tend to tune us out more because they’re not expecting me to engage with them as an individual,” she said. “Once I went to see the Clydesdales and couldn’t communicate with them, and it was really frustrating. But then I realized these horses literally see thousands of people passing by them every day.”

“If they were open to that all the time, it would be overwhelming,” she added. “Those treated as an object, it takes longer for me to connect with them, for them to realize I am reaching them, kind of like, ‘Oh, wait wait, this person sees me.’”

Klein has been able to reach deceased animals as well as living animals from places such as Singapore, London, Australia, and Spain. If she can’t be with the animal in person, a photograph usually provides the link she needs.

“Because I believe I am always speaking with their spirit, whether it’s in a body or not, the experience is really no different, and that’s why proximity to somebody doesn’t matter, as long as I know who I am trying to put my intention on,” Klein said. “It’s not that I’m talking to a picture. If you said, ‘I need you to talk to a black Lab,’ I wouldn’t know which one it is. But if you’re my next-door neighbor and moved away and 10 years later asked me to speak with your black Lab, Maggie, I wouldn’t need you to send me a picture, because I know who Maggie is.”

By Alayne Blickle Polly Klein communicates with Annie, a Quarter Horse mare.

Polly Klein communicates with Annie, a mare. (Photo by Alayne Blickle)

In her 20 years of communicating, Klein has talked with dogs, cats, an iguana, rabbits, goats, cows, horses, birds, rats, guinea pigs, ferrets, and sugar gliders.

“My feeling is that you can communicate with anything you have an open heart to,” she said.

Klein understands there are skeptics, but says regular reinforcement of her ability delights her.

“First of all, I describe myself as openly skeptical,” she said. “It doesn’t worry me if someone is skeptical. I don’t feel any obligation to argue that. I go, ‘Yeah, I can understand that.’ Then I say, ‘I believe this because I’ve experienced it. If you had the experience I have had, you will feel I am connecting with your animal.’”

Find out more on Klein’s website, Tonglen Healing Arts for Animals.

The post Animal Communicator Polly Klein “Talked” to My Late Dog, Lily appeared first on Dogster.

No comments:

Post a Comment