Get ready for Easter with these impossibly adorable dogs made from plastic Easter eggs!
What you’ll need
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Yarn (or premade pom-poms)
- Permanent marker
- Hole punchers (small circle, standard circle, heart shape)
- Craft foam
- Cotton balls
- Tape or glue
- Jelly beans (to fill the eggs)
- For the various dog faces and fluffy ears, make yarn pom-poms using a fork. It’s actually quite easy! This is a great tutorial.
- For advanced crafters, pom-pom makers are sold online or at craft stores. You can also buy premade pom-poms in a variety of colors.
- For the faces, tape or glue holes punched from cardstock (circles for eyes and noses and hearts for tongues) and draw lips and whiskers with a permanent marker.
- For a fluffy face, use a pom-pom and glue the eyes and nose directly on it.
- To make feet, cut craft foam into heart-like shapes and tape or glue to the bottom of the egg.
- For the Poodle-like white dog’s ears, cut craft foam into oblong shapes, tape or glue them to the side of the egg, then attach pom-poms at the top of each ear.
- Glue a cotton ball for the nose.
- Fill the eggs with jelly beans so they stand up.