Friday, February 12, 2016

We Chat With Internet Sensation Doug the Pug, Who Just Wrote a Book

Oh, Doug. How do we love thee? Since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day, let us count the ways; or rather, let’s get you to answer nine questions instead. Doug the Pug is the latest pup sweeping the Internet with his sass, wit, and love of pizza. Currently he has 3.7 million followers on Facebook and another 1.4 mil on Instagram, making him perhaps the most popular Pug online.

That popularity has just led to a book, Doug the Pug: The King of Pop Culture, for St. Martin’s Griffin and due in November. The 3-year-old Nashville native tells us, “The book is a series of my best photos and captions as well as never-before-seen photos! It’s the perfect addition to your coffee table (or pizza table).” For those in the know, Doug is a huge fan of pizza. Dogster was fortunate enough to get a little slice of Doug’s time to discuss.

Doug is living the Pug life. (Photo courtesy Doug the Pug on Facebook.

Doug is living the Pug life. (Photo courtesy Doug the Pug on Facebook)

Dogster: We’re getting very close to Valentine’s Day. Is there a special someone or someone in your life these days?

Doug the Pug: I have many baes. Luckily one of those is food, which is always there for me. U are never alone if u have food. But I’m a ladies man … so I’ll stick to the lady Pugs (and occasionally a Puggle).

We loved your New Year’s workout video. We were wondering, were you able to continue at all on the exercise train, or have you moved on?

Dieting is hard. Like, really hard. Eating is easy … like, really easy. I’m pretty sure we’ve all given up on our new gym memberships by now — it’s been over a month already!

You have more than 3.7 million followers on Facebook alone, making you one popular Pug. Your videos are super-duper creative, too. Has Hollywood come calling yet?

I love L.A. and would definitely love to have a feature flick in the future. The adventures of Doug the Pug need to be on the big screen!

Another exercise-related question. You spend a great deal of time traveling it seems and being outside. Any chance you might be combining the two and hitting the Summer Olympics in Rio?

If I’m doing anything competitive it will be competitive eating. I’ll happily watch the amazing athletes on the TV!

What are some of your favorite destinations?

The grocery store, L.A., I’m always in New York for the pizza … I love traveling! Hopefully somewhere tropical soon.

People sometimes post concerns about your love of pizza, chips, and other frequently delicious but not usually healthy foods. Can you set the record straight, right here, right now on that?

Don’t get me wrong, I love all things pizza and junk food. But my Mom doesn’t let me eat much of it, if any, and she gives me healthy treats once we get the shot. Sojos is my fav!

doug-book

Doug the Pug’s forthcoming book. (Photo courtesy Doug the Pug on Facebook)

To that point, what is your favorite food of the moment?

Sojos Salmon Recipe! Mmmmmm.

We’re only a few weeks into the new year, but what’s in store for Doug the Pug in 2016?

My book is coming out in November, a second calendar is coming out in October, and a few really awesome appearances that u should stay tuned for. 😉

Last question. Give us five words you’d use to describe yourself.

Hungry. Bachelor. Lazy. Snuggly. Cute.

See more Doug the Pug on FacebookInstagram, and the Web.

Read more interviews on Dogster:

The post We Chat With Internet Sensation Doug the Pug, Who Just Wrote a Book appeared first on Dogster.

No comments:

Post a Comment