Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our holiday issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Let’s be honest: Sugar cookies are hard to resist (Santa knows this). But when they’re doggie themed, it’s downright impossible to not scarf them down. Whip up a batch of your own tantalizing treats using dog-themed cookie cutters. Mix in cookies shaped like dogs, bones, and paws with seasonal and holiday shapes like Christmas trees and dreidels. Use icing colors to make fun designs.
What you’ll need
- Sugar cookies (use your favorite recipe or premade dough)
- Dog-themed cookie cutters and holiday cookie cutters
- Royal icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare and roll out sugar cookie dough to 1/8- to ¼-inch thickness, depending on your recipe.
- Use cookie cutters to create shapes from dough.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick mats, and place cookies on cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- When cookies are completely cooled, decorate with icing.
Read more about our holiday obsessions:
- Stocking Stuffers for Winter Pups!
- Minted’s Custom Silhouette Art Prints Make a Unique Gift for Dog Lovers
- Make an Ugly Christmas Sweater for Your Dog!
About the author: April Balotro is an editor residing in Orange County, California. She shares her home with a gentlemanly Chihuahua mix named Peanut.
The post Treat Yourself to These Dog-Themed Sugar Cookies for People! appeared first on Dogster.