Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Rufus The Trick Or Treating Raccoon

unnamedRufus has NOT met a treat he did not like. This video is c/o Matt C., the man genius behind Jurabbit Park. He explains:

“My family puts food out for a stray cat in the neighborhood. One night, that caught the attention of a curious snack bandit, who came up and poked around. I decided to try and make friends. It took three weeks for Rufus to trust me enough to eat from my hand. As I posted these videos throughout the summer, I couldn’t go a day without someone asking when he was going to rip my face off. ‘He’s not going to know how to forage like a wild animal.’ ‘You’re gonna give him diabetes.’ Everyone had an opinion. [*Note: Really. -Ed.]

But, it’s possible to maintain respect for a living creature while building an unconventional bond based on the occasional helping of sweets. And that’s what I did with Rufus. By the end of the video, you’ll see that, not only is Rufus healthy and prepped for winter, he’s still a wild raccoon. He just happens to know a human with a solid treat hookup. He’s a wonderful creature, and a friend I’m lucky to have made.”


Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: Hoomin Interaction, Raccoons, Snax

No comments:

Post a Comment